The ACLU of Oklahoma is currently accepting nominations for the Angie Debo Civil Liberties Award. The award was established in 1977 and named in honor of Oklahoma historian and civil liberties activist, Angie Elbertha Debo to recognize those who have provided exceptional defense to the Bill of Rights throughout the year or throughout their lives.
The award is presented each year at the ACLU Annual Meeting on the third Saturday of April.
Nominations for this award must be received by the ACLU of Oklahoma office no later than March 31, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Nominations may be mailed to the ACLU of Oklahoma at PO Box 1626, Oklahoma City, OK 73101-1626 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nomination letters should be no longer than three pages and should include the following:
1) name, current address, and telephone numbers (business and home) of the nominee
2) a description of the nominee’s worthiness
3) a statement that the nominee has given consent to the nomination
4) biographical information about the nominee
5) letters of endorsement from others (optional)
6) the name, address, and telephone numbers (home and business) of the person making the nomination